Wednesday, November 1, 2017

DAY 9 - Harajuku

Another big day had arrived, and brought with it sunshine. Today was the day that I would be introducing Abi to Harajuku - one of my favourite parts of Tokyo. After getting off the train, we immediately made our way straight to Takeshita Dori.


From there, we simply wandered the street, stopping in at any stores that looked interesting. We of course did make a pit stop for Crepes and made sure to visit Closet Child (second hand Lolita) and the Disney Store. From there we headed to Laforet (a fashion heavy department store). It was incredibly odd to shop through the basement level where all the Lolita stores are located and not really buy anything. I did grab a beret, bag and some jewellery. I was however disappointed that the Putumayo store was no longer there and likewise the Innocent World store has closed. I suspect many lolita stores will close eventually. I feel like there is an over saturation of brands and stores available now and Japan is not necessarily the hub of Lolita fashion anymore. But that's a whole other discussion. At any rate, I don't wear Lolita anymore but it was a challenge to resist the beautiful new dresses available.


Our next stop was the Q-POT cafe. It's somewhere that I have wanted to visit for a long time and who can really pass up the opportunity for tea and delicious sweets.


We then made our way to the recently opened Alice on Wednesday store. It's a very pretty store with a tiny door for entry and three stories of narrow stairs, but the theming inside is spot on.



Our final stop for the night was dinner. We stumbled over Serendipity which was a very beautiful diner type setting. The food was amazing and much more than I am used to eating. I couldn't even get through my burger no matter how amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment