Friday, November 26, 2010

Tokyo Trip Day 8: Single Day

Our second last day was the day we had set aside for heading out on our own. The day when you can head back to places to pick up stuff that you didn't get when you were there and now that you had thought about it wanted to go back and get. My aim was to head on back to Harajuku and spend what was left of my money on some more Lolita bits and pieces. Especially since I had saved up so much and had not bought anything new for so long. Boy was it hard breaking my crazy lolita shopping habits. My first stop was back to Closet Child, since the first time that I went there I had so many bags already that it was downright difficult to look at anything while carrying them around with me. I was over the moon when I managed to find the Baby Vampire Requiem long JSK in Burgundy and it fit me. So I of course purchase it, along with a few cardigans and boleros and accessories. I then made my way over to La Floret to have a look at what was around. I picked up the Putumayo shirt that I had missed getting earlier in the week and then wandered over to Angelic Pretty. This time, there was an older woman there, maybe the owner of the franchise? who helped me out. She was lovely and made my shopping experience smooth and friendly, while I bought the dress that I had been thinking about all week.

I wandered around Harajuku for a bit longer, heading on down to try and find the metamorphose shop, but now that I look at the map, I probably did not go far enough. After picking up a couple of cute little accessories on the way back to the train station, I made my way to Shinjuku to meet up with L and ainead as planned. We were heading to the Alice theme restaurant for dinner. And my, was it a dining experience and a half. I had so much fun.

When you come out of the lift, there is a reception desk and what looks like a closed off room. You then find out that one of the walls that looks like a book opens out and you walk through to get to the dining area. Once inside we were directed to our little corner booth where our waitress, dressed in a cute Alice dress provided warm towels for us to wash our hands and handed over the menu - a book. The first page opens up as a pop up book, and then you get to decide what you would like. We weren't really sure what we were ordering, just that they had awesome names. I had 'The happy caterpillar' drink to begin with. We then shared an entrée which is set up as toasts with little books. Dinner was a diamond pizza dressed up as a card, and dessert was Alice and the Caterpillar. Everything was impeccable. It was all beautifully set out and presented, while tasting fantastic. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area, and surprisingly, it was not priced badly. I would really love to check out some of the other theme restaurants around Tokyo, but that will have to be on my next trip to Japan as I can guarantee I will be going back.


Once we made it back to our hostel, we borrowed the scales and proceeded to pack and weigh out bags. Coming in at just under 17 kilos I was ready to go in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment