Friday, November 26, 2010

Tokyo Trip Day 9: Tokyo - Brisbane

And then we come to our very last day in Tokyo. I don't really have anything exciting to report on this day as it pretty much consisted of us sitting in the airport. L headed out in the morning to shop around a little, while C and I waited around at the Hostel before we had to check out at 11am. We took our time dragging our heavy suitcases to the train station and onto Ueno where we would catch the Narita Express. In our whole walk there, we only had to take them down one flight of stairs, managing to find lifts and escalators instead.

It was nice catching the express train out to the airport. Even though it is a 70 minute trip, we were able to see the city end, the outer suburbs and then the countryside as we rushed on past. On the way in, we really missed it all as it was night time, and we were just excited to finally be there. C and I sat in the airport all afternoon, reading and doing puzzles just waiting for it to be time to board our plane. The real contrast with the airport is just the sheer size of the place. I mean there are many full restaurants upstairs as well as shops (where I spent the last of my Japanese money). Not only that, once you make it through airport security and customs, I had to catch the shuttle to the other half of the departures terminal to the bay where we would be catching our flight.

We finally boarded at 8.20pm Japan time. 9 hours later, and after much shifting around in my uncomfortable and tiny Jetstar Economy seat we landed on the Gold Coast. I really didn't get that much sleep. A quick taxi ride back to the car and we were finally on our way home. I dozed off while I was sitting in the back seat and it seemed that I was home in no time. Home and cuddling my kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment