Friday, July 4, 2014

Almost over

Last day in Mackay before the big trip home to Brisbane. We decided to have a bit of a quite one. While my Pop headed off to a Doctor's appointment, mum and I headed into town for a spot of shopping. We toured around shops at Mount Pleasant Shopping Centre. It really hasn't changed much at all in the years since I left. The shops may be different, and there is a bit more undercover parking, but there haven't been any major upgrades. I even remember the swimwear shop on the end from the time we were heading up to the Barrier Reef one holiday and I needed a swimsuit. The shop is still there. We finished off our shopping by heading into town back to Caneland Shopping Centre to pick up a couple of things that we spotted earlier in the week. By 11.20am we were done and headed over to my Aunt and Uncle's place for lunch.

On the way home, I filled up the car with petrol and cleaned the windscreen so that we are all ready to head off bright and early in the morning. I am going to be driving straight through to Brisbane in the day, so we want to make an early start. The car is mostly packed and I am about to call it a night to get some sleep before the drive. Be back in Brisbane soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment