Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Cleaning out the Cupboard

We didn't really do much for our next day in Mackay. It turned out to be more of a family day. My Pop had me up in the morning go through the old china and crockery in the cupboards to take anything that I wanted. My Uncle doesn't want the stuff, so we may as well take it with us if we do. My mum and I selected a few things that we would like to take home with us, which means we now need to try and find some space in the cupboards at home to store it all *sigh*.

As for me, I picked out the Blue Willow dinner set which I will be able to use for my Regency Re-enactment. I think the set is missing one dinner plate and there are two different styles of tea cups, but otherwise, it's in good condition and going to be very useful. I also found a Shelley China tea set to take home. It has 6 cups, saucers and plates, a cake plate, a milk jug and a sugar bowl. I've packed it up with a heap of newspaper, so hopefully it can all make the trip home without any breakages.

The remainder of the day we spent visiting family - my cousin who I haven't seen for a very long time and then my Uncle and Aunt. It was lovely to catch up again with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment