Thursday, January 17, 2013

Not long now

This time next week, I will be tripping around Kyoto. And in preparation for my trip, I have made myself a new coat. My last one, I made in 2010 is starting to look a little tired - I learnt a lot from making it and knew how I wanted to approach making a new one. It is made from the left-overs of my regency pelisse project - purple cashmere. It's interlined with flannel (again, left-overs) and lined with purple cotton sateen which is just about a perfect colour match. The fur trimming is teddy bear fur. If you are looking for some in Australia, head here http://www.bearycheap.com/. They are even in Brisbane, so pretty quick on the delivery. I made the fur on the cuffs go up the inside so that it would keep my wrists warm, and around the hood helps keep the hood standing up in shape.

The buttons I put on are plastic pearl look with small silver crowns. And I even put a couple of pockets in the seam linings on the front. Handy if I want to "hide" anything on my person 'cause they are rather difficult to get at. At any rate, I love how it has turned out. It's super warm so will keep me toasty while on my trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment