Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 11 - Nakano & Akihabara

Today was my Anime day! As in, shopping for products from some of my favourite Animes. First off, we started with Nakano and the Nakano Broadway which has a bunch of Mandarake Stores that offer both brand new and second hand collectable items. I picked up a few really good finds, but we were there a little early at 10am. Note to any travellers out there - don't bother going before at least 11am.
Afterwards, we headed into Akihabara for some more shopping. I went a little nuts in a couple of the shops and spent a hell of a lot of time rummaging through everything - but I got a few pieces that I really wanted.
We stopped at mochi cream for some snacks to take home. If you are ever in Akihabara, you really should try them, they are a flavoured rice flour bun filled with flavoured cream. They are incredibly delicious. I highly recommend.
We called it a night just a little after dark, as I started feeling a little worse for wear. Yep, head cold has set in. Just one of the joys of travelling in winter when a lot of others around you are sick. Goodbye coherent posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment