Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 12 - Roppongi

Well, we had planned to go to the Ueno Zoo today, however, we didn't realise that the zoo is actually closed on Mondays. We realised our mistake when we saw the closed signs on the front gates, where we casually turned around and headed back to the train station. The day became a bit of mix after that.

We had planned to spend the evening in Roppongi, so instead headed there for what remained of our morning. We walked up to Roppongi Hills where we rather shocked by the place. There are shops in some of the areas (a lot of it is under renovations at the moment) but the shops are very very up-market. We are talking Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Zara and Armani. That kinda took shopping off our list. We then tried to find a way up to floor 54 to view the city of Tokyo from the skydeck. We were horribly unsuccessful. Even studying the english map, and wandering around for 20minutes, I could not work out how to get up there. So instead, we decided to move onto lunch and the Hard Rock Cafe.
My travel buddy, Tracey, has been tripping around to the different Hard Rock Cafes during her travels over the world, so was really happy to be heading to the Tokyo one. I was very surprised, as I have never been to one. But the food was delicious, value for money and I had the most awesome slushy cocktail which really did wonders for my sore throat.
Afterwards, we decided to go our separate ways for what we had planned for tomorrow - our free day of shopping, where we head back to places to pick up anything that we missed. I headed to Akihabara for a few more dolls, plushies and toys to add to my collection. I am glad I did, as I picked up a few things that I have been trying to buy online for some time. Unfortunately, the head cold had really set in so I was wandering around in a haze of sweat and fuzziness, so I decided to call it and early evening and headed back to the hotel. Still, a successful day, and we will be heading to the zoo tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment