Monday, October 23, 2017

Arrival in Osaka

We have arrived in Japan.

It all began at 4am on Saturday 21st when I was woken by a phone text message tone. Jetstar had delayed my flight into Cairns (our stop-over before heading to Osaka). This would mean that we would not make out connecting flight.

Cue, panic mode.

I managed to book us on the earliest Qantas flight to Cairns which would get us there in time to make our connection. Yes, I would be out of pocket, but that’s why you have travel insurance. I will deal with that when I got home.

So, a very early phonemail to my travel buddy and we got to Brisbane airport in time to get on our flight.

Arriving in Cairns, we jumped off, checked into our next flight before grabbing breakfast at the Coffee Club. At 1pm we were on our next leg of the journey. 6 and a half hours later we have arrived in Osaka Kansai International Airport. 

  
Sunset in the sky

Next step. Train to hotel. Only problem is that in my itinerary, I had planned travel from the wrong Osaka airport. Domestic instead of International. Lots of umming and ahhing, but we jumped on a train heading in the right direction. A few more hiccups with connecting trains and getting a little lost in subway stations followed. Then came the 7 flights of stairs that we had to lug our suitcases up to get to street level. Hello sweat.

We finally made it to our hotel, checked in and then ducked back up to the Lawson’s market for a selection of 100 yen food for dinner.

There were some issues with connecting our devices to the wifi in our room the last couple nights,  so I didn’t get to post until this morning. So, while I am connect to wifi, it is so much slower than what I am used to at home and it's cutting in and out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I would have been in a panic too! It sounds like a rocky start to your trip but you can’t have an adventure without some trouble- that’s what makes it an adventure.

    Glad to hear you made it after all that. What was Abi’s first meal in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our first meal - late night mystery onigiri from the Laswon's down the street. I say mystery because we can't read the packaging. Turns out the blue one was tuna.

      Delete